Project № ROBG-407 „Restoration of unique common cultural heritage and promotion of joint tourism product “Hamangia – first civilisation of old Europe”, financed under Contract № 81781/17.07.2018, Priority Axis 2: „Green region“, Specific Objective 2.1: „To improve the sustainable use of natural heritage and resources and cultural heritage“ under the INTERREG V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme 2014-2020.
The overall objective of the project is to improve the sustainable use of the cultural heritage – the Hamangia Culture in Bulgarian and Romanian Dobrudzha (Dobrogea) Region through joint efforts and actions regarding preservation and valorization of the Hamangia cultural heritage with a view of development of a joint integrated tourism product “Hamangia” and its joint promotion and management.
Тhe specific objectives of the project are, as follow:
- to study the Hamangia culture of the target CB region as an info-base for the further well-grounded joint development of the tourism product “Hamangia”;
- to develop a joint integrated tourism product “Hamangia”, incl. joint tourist route and innovative ICT-based touristic services;
- to valorize resources and to do more attractive the archaeological site “Archaeological Park Durankulak – Hamangia” in Shabla Municipality through small scale investments as improving the accessibility, reconstructions works, installation of viewpoints, placing tourist information boards, signboards, etc.;
- to valorize historic and cultural resources of Cernavoda by developing the „Hamangia Centre” composed by a new museum approach through small scale investments in rehabilitation and endowments of existing buildings;
- to provide information about the Hamangia culture and to promote the tourism product “Hamangia” through carry out the promotional campaign among the target groups in compliance with the marketing strategy developed under the project;
- to ensure the sustainable use and management of the Hamangia cultural heritage through the management plan developed under the project.
The project takes an innovative approach for valorizing and sustainable use of the common cultural heritage for further development of tourism in the CBC area, while creating attractive and sustainable joint integrated tourism product “Hamangia” and the respective relevant ICT-based touristic services.
The approach consists of development, promotion, management and sustainable use of a joint integrated tourism product “Hamangia”. In that way, the following four phases are differentiated:
I. Preliminary Phase, which encompasses: (1) preparation of a joint study on “Hamangia” culture and (2) organizing and conducting a thematic conference “Hamangia”.
II. Development phase, which encompasses: (1) development of a joint tourist route “Hamangia”; (2) activities and works regarding the development of “Archaeological Park Durankulak – Hamangia” in Shabla Municipality; (3) activities and works regarding the development of Hamangia Centre in Cernavoda Town and (4) development of joint integrated ICT-based tourism services.
III. Promotional phase, which encompasses: (1) development of a joint integrated marketing strategy of the tourism product “Hamangia”; (2) carry out the joint promotional campaign and (3) design and development of trilingual website (in Bulgarian, Romanian and English language).
IV. Sustainable use and management phase, which encompasses development of a joint integrated management plan of the tourism product “Hamangia” for further sustainable culture heritage use.
The original about the project is that the cultural heritage of the Hamangia Culture in Bulgarian and Romanian Dobrudzha (Dobrogea) Region will be presented to the target groups through up-to-date ICT means of promotion and dissemination like: (1)a virtual tour of the objects of the joint tourist route Hamangia “Archaeological Park Durankulak – Hamangia” in Shabla Municipality and Hamangia Centre in Cernavoda Town through a 3D digital reconstruction of the objects and (2)free smartphone applications for the tourist route of Hamangia. The virtual tour is a unique and unforgettable IT-based means of perception of the Hamangia culture heritage. The envisaged experimental archaeology service for Hamangia methods -Thinker Workshop is new and original too in terms of hands-on activities.
The project is implemented in a joint partnership between the municipality of Shabla, Bulgaria and the municipality of Cernavoda, Romania. Shabla Municipality is a leading partner in the project.
The project is co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the INTERREG V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. The total budget of the project is EUR 1,494,037.68, of which EUR 1,269,932.02 (85%) is provided by the ERDF.
Project code: ROBG-407